Have you ever wondered if you would be better off with a metal or plastic gas can? The answer is probably no, but there’s actually a lot to think about when choosing whether to use a metal or plastic gas can. Keep reading to learn more about why you should know more about gas cans!
Plastic Gas Cans
There are several redeeming qualities about plastic gas cans that we thought we should share with you. Plastic gas cans are:
- Lightweight – you’ll be able to carry more fuel on your person or in your vehicle, so you’ll always have gasoline when you need it!
- Less expensive – they’re more affordable for most people and easy to replace when needed.
- Corrosion resistant – unlike metal gas cans, plastic gas cans won’t rust or corrode over time due to the elements.
- Won’t rupture – metal gas cans explode when exposed to extreme heat. Plastic gas cans will melt rather than create a dangerous explosion.
Metal Gas Cans
While plastic gas cans are great, metal gas cans have their pros too. Metal gas cans are:
- Reliable/Durable – metal gas cans are made from iron. This sturdy element will ultimately last longer than plastic which can warp over time, meaning metal gas cans are better for long-term storage.
- Environmentally friendly – plastic gas cans are petroleum products that harm the environment. Even after their use, metal gas cans can be recycled.
- Insulated – if you want to keep your fuel from becoming too hot or cold while transporting it, then a metal gas can is for you!
- Less likely to leak – having a good seal on your gas can can be life or death, literally. Fumes from gasoline are dense and very harmful to breathe in and can even combust if exposed to a heat source.
Stay Safe with an EZ-POUR® Gas Spout!
When handling gasoline, the number thing you need to remember is safety. It’s paramount that you take the proper precautions to keep yourself and anyone else around you safe. One way to do that is to ensure that you have the right spout on your gas can, metal or plastic.
Visit our website today and look at all we have to offer. From spouts that guarantee safe and efficient fueling to adapters and other accessories that ensure that our spouts are a perfect fit every time, we have it!